Week 9: Not your usual pregnancy update

People we've told so far: 3.
The eye doctor, the eye doctor's receptionist, the dental hygienist.

Awkward conversations where everyone tells us how great it is that we don't have kids and can do whatever we want: too many to count.

R & I are finding it difficult not to scream the news from the mountaintops. It doesn't help that I don't look, feel, or act pregnant, so no one has any reason to guess. This week, we started telling people that we were moving back to India & that R would be starting his own business. So, of course, they told us how great it was not to have any 'responsibilities.' I predict we're going to have that elephant-in-the-room question when we tell them about the baby a month from now: was it planned?

Not that it's anyone's business, but it was; just as much as the entrepreneurship move was planned. We didn't necessarily expect both to culminate simultaneously though. We found out I was pregnant two days after R put down his papers. Does that change anything? I say no.

I'm not suggesting that we'll always put our lives before our kids', but in this case, I think it's warranted. We can't put our lives on hold to have a baby. R's business idea is time sensitive, and I really do think it'll work. As for Angur (the baby's grape sized this week) - having no insurance will be a bit of a pain, but even if we pay for everything ourselves, we still have the savings to get through a couple of years comfortably. I think it's far better to do this than to take the safe option and risk a slightly martyred resentfulness deep deep deep deep deeeeeeep down. 

I read a quote somewhere which goes roughly like this: 'Take the leap, a net will emerge.' This all still seems like a fairly well-hedged bet to me. There are moments when I start wondering if I should find a job, just to have a steady income - but that's the emotional side talking, not the rational. The rational knows that we'll be fine. 

This week, I'm proving Newton's law - a body in rest will stay in rest unless an outside force acts on it. Other than that, I'm still absurdly loving sugar with a passion (this is clearly R's child) and not able to taste much. I feel a little blind without my palate, but if that's the most I have to complain about, I still feel very lucky. In my mum's side of the family, legend has it that a difficult first trimester leads to a girl child. I guess that makes Angur a boy. 

1 comment:

  1. This information has been published that will help you discover a number of information about insurance, and some points associated with Truckers Insurance In terms of a subject matter such as insurance you intend to you should definitely usually are seeing that educated since you can possibly be to help you to create the best choices. So read this post along with support the understanding its content has.

    ReplyDelete