Week 30 or T-9!

We're down to single-digit weekly countdowns and fortnightly doctors visits now!

Should I resent my five minute appointments? It's great that there's nothing to complain about, but it always feels like such a waste of time to go in and hear that nothing's changed. On the other hand, some people really enjoy that reassurance. My husband, for instance, loves our appointments though they've rarely lasted longer than 15 minutes. What I like about fortnightly appointments is that it gives me a greater incentive not to cheat on my diet or exercise. When my next appointment was a month away, I'd give in to temptation more often, but now I'm vigilant about treats.

I'm still eating like I'm on probation for gestational diabetes, though the test results came back and my glucose level is well within the normal level. More importantly, I'm trying to get in my 80gms of protein a day. That's more difficult, since I don't eat eggs or meat. So 80 grams of protein = 2 cups of yellow daal, 2 cups of green sprouts, 2 glasses of milk, 1 glass of buttermilk with 2 tablespoons of millet flour in it, and 6 Threptin biscuits... in addition to 3 regular meals, 5 helpings of fruits/veggies, and 8-10 glasses of water. 

I feel like I'm always eating, or prepping food to eat, or thinking about what to eat. Also, while I enjoy eating healthily, I hate sprouts, and millet flour triggers my gag instinct. Every time I look into a bowl of sprouts, I wince thinking nine weeks to go = more than 2 months to go. Soon may they fly by.

I'm staying awake till 11pm-12am again, although I have a hard time waking up before 7am. Mostly, I'm sleeping pretty well though. A woke up before me the other day, and said my belly was dancing all over the place - he had no idea how I slept through it all. I guess I've gotten used to the baby kicking by now, and getting in as much sleep as I can, while I can :) I enjoyed hearing about "his" moment feeling the baby kick while I was oblivious though - it feels like the reverse is so often true that this was a really special moment. Especially for A, who worries that the start-up takes up too much of his mind space.

What can I say? I'm low maintenance. It's a chicken-and-egg quandary - I'm not sure if I don't complain because I have nothing to complain about or vice versa, I just know that pregnancy so far has been really easy. One more week with no duck waddle, whoop! A and I had a lie-in yesterday. All day. It's the kind of thing we won't get to do with a kid, and which we really enjoy doing, just the two of us. We binge-watched The Good Wife, ate a lot of cheese, and were generally happy. This morning, A said, "It's not that the job's hard, or the work's repetitive or anything... it's just relative to being with you, everything sucks." D'aww :) That means a lot given how much he loves his company.

I started one DIY project for the nursery last week. I should really finish it up today/tomorrow. Not to mention start shopping for the baby. I think I'll put in my first order for baby books today.

My friend, who was due to have a baby at Christmas, had him three weeks early! Both of them are doing well. She was strong enough to be on Whatsapp for much of the super long labour, it was very impressive! As for me, I'm worrying about preterm labour now. I ideally want this baby to come slightly late, on Feb 17. That way, we'd have conceived the baby at our wedding anniversary, and had it at our engagement anniversary :) But honestly, any day after Feb 11 will do. 

I have a growth scan scheduled two weeks from now, which I'm anxious about. Part of the reason why I'm being diligent about protein is because our baby's slightly on the small side. Fingers crossed for an average sized baby at our next scan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment